Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pork Chops a la Scrumptious





It was late when we got home tonight, so I wasn't all that keen on being uber-fancy (it's a tech term! lol). After a vote on whether to have chops or sausages, the chops found their way into the microwave for a brief warm-ifying. Now what? I have a bag of yummy mushies begging to be ate, and now I have to come up with a non-mushie meal seeing as we chose pork chops! I should have nuked the sausages............Then it dawned that some soul must have matched mushies and pork chops before, and I could just search the net, find a recipe and copy them. :) I had always considered pork to be a more fruit friendly type meat, and hadn't considered it's potential with earthy flavours like mushrooms. Why not? I don't know really, but it is certainly a blessing that I tried it tonight. Incredible.

Many thanks to Delia. Such a wonderful collection of recipes on her site, check it out next time you are looking for a recipe, she probably has one! Tonight's meal was a version of the following:

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/pork/pork-chops-baked-with-wild-mushrooms-and-creme-fraiche.html



I had about 8 large button mushrooms, and one (almost dead, aka dried) Swiss field mushroom. Also, some thickened cream that was sitting patiently in the fridge. Two pork chops, and a ceramic bowl substitute for the alfoil boat. Voila! Yum. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment