Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pumpkin Scones and Rosella Jam


I went to the markets the other day and nearly shrieked with joy when I saw rosellas for sale. The flower, not the bird, mind you. Why get so excited I hear you ask? Well if you have ever had Rosella Jam you would understand. So as soon as I got home I jumped in the computer chair and started hunting down recipes. I only had 1.2kg or so of the little blossoms, so I stuck to a modest 3 recipes. lol. Really I could have just picked one, but who knows when I will be able to buy them again? Well truth be told, if I can convince DB to get his green thumb out, I should be harvesting my own next year. We'll see.

So I made Rosella Cordial, Rosella Jam, and Rosella Relish. It only took me the whole afternoon, so I had plenty of time to make dinner. Just a little sumthin' sumthin' I whipped up. Actually it was Duck with Cherry and Rosella Sauce, Leek and Sweet Potato Mash, Crispy Fried Sweet Potato Chips, Pork Spring Roll and Green Beans. :) It's not very well presented, but was very well received.



This morning I wanted to have something perfect to eat with my jam. What is more perfect than Flo's Pumpkin Scones? Very few things stand up to Pumpkin Scones with Rosella Jam, and Whipped Cream. It is a little slice of heaven.

I got my jam recipe from:

http://www.nt.gov.au/d/Content/File/p/Recipe/RS5.pdf

And the scones from:

http://gourmettraveller.com.au/pumpkin_scones.htm


And breakfast was served. Simply delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment